in 1597-1598 in the Ming dynasty by the governor Jiangdongzhi, Jiaxiu
pavilion became a place for scholars to get together exchanging
their views of writing poems or drinking tea. The pavilion was burned
several times and renovated, the lastest renovation was in the 1980s,
and now became the symbol of Guiyang city.
pavilion is located on the Nanming river in the south of the city
which is a 3 story pavilion. Beside the pavilion is Hanbi pavilion
and Ciwei Garden-a much older well preserved architecture complex
built in the early Ming dynasty from 1425-1445.
pavilion is really worth a visit.